Medical transition refers to the clinical and medical aspects of gender transition. This is a vast topic and demands many underlying resources and support infrastructure. This section of our website is geared to create an easily navigable and searchable source for a wide range of topics related to Surgery, endocrinology (hrt), psychology and psychiatry in relation to medical gender transition.
Rainbow Health Ontario has Created a wonderful document that outlines the reasons medical care is so important and necessary for transgender people:
- Why is trans care urgent?
- Why is access to medical care important
- What are the barriers to getting care
- What is the role of primary care
- Common fears over prescribing hormone therapy
We are currently looking for content creators for this topic. Please contact us if you are interested in contributing to this site, or if you are interested in partnership. Thank you!